A Humble Beginning



As we have come to the end of our first year in Budapest, we are looking forward to experiencing God's promises in the new year. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus...The challenges of moving to a new country, culture, and home have increased our dependence on God and decreased our dependency on all things that were once important....who although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped... Holding onto the past, experiences, skills, achievements, degrees, money, favorite toys, and the comforts of America with a clenched fist only increase my self-sufficiency. What a blessing to be in a place where all these things are stripped away...but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant and being made in the likeness of men.... The 'form' of who I am must change if there is to be transformation and inspiration. I am no longer certain that I can do anything, except remain empty.....He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death.... Humility is a pre-requisite for following Jesus, I know this. How humbled am I willing to be? Some boast in chariots, and some in horses...I have nothing more to claim or cling to. I am desperate for the Lord to do His work in His way. God, if you don't do something, nothing is going to happen here! ....But we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God!


Philippians 2:5-8, Psalm 20:7


1 comment: