English Camp


Memories of when I attended camp as a child are still embedded in my mind. There is something unique about the camp experience that can heighten the senses and bring into focus all the important things in life. It is such a time when all other daily routines cease and the senses are dulled to the monotonous and exchanged for something far more glorious. The photo is tangible evidence and will always be there to remind.


The setting invited an array of questions:
"How do I know God is real?"
"How can God hear me? Does He really have ears?"
"How do you know when God is talking to you? Does He have a loud voice?"
"Can you tell me your story?" (a boy wanted to hear how I came to know Jesus)
"What about all the suffering in the world? Why doesn't God stop all the wars?"

And some bold, convincing statements:
"I already have a plan for my life, and I don't need God."
"I don't think God is real because I can't see Him."
"I am not a sinner."
"I became a believer at camp last year."


"But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8



It's amazing to find yourself suddenly in the middle of what God is doing...."God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:4


"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 And so I wait for the day of completion in each of these young lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment